Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Miracle Party

If you haven't already, take a moment to look back at my previous posts to hear the story of how my miracle baby came to be. 

We had a circus themed party with us, Grandma, Aunt Kelly and Cousin Brookie, 
and the Johnson clan.


The Birthday Boy!




The Big Top cakes I made
I had thoughts of making them more detailed and a more polished look
with fondant, but decided to make it so Nicholas could easily eat it.



And, inside it was quite pretty,
with different frosting flavors between layers.


If you look at the picture above, in the corner 
you  can see where somebody 
signed the tablecloth on the cake table.
Each year I intend to use this tablecloth
and have Nicholas's loved ones write a
short note to him. It will become a 
precious keepsake from his childhood.


I want him to always know how deeply loved he is!



I strung pictures of Nicholas,
one from each month of his first year,
across the food table.



  I also took a picture of Nicholas holding a picture of himself as a newborn.
My plan is to continue this photo on each of his birthdays,
so that by the time he is a grown man he will have
a single picture in which he can see himself grow up.


Happy first birthday, my precious Nicholas!






No comments:

Post a Comment