Saturday, October 30, 2010

Praise Be To Elohim

Last night I barely slept. I think my sleep could best be described as extended blinks between prayers. That's all I did - prayed with family, prayed with friends, and then once the rest of the world went to sleep I prayed with my Lord - over, and over, and over!

Scared doesn't accurately convey the emotion that consumed me. It was a combination of sheer terror, anamzing hope, and deep-rooted faith. There I laid I'm the still of the night swaddled in this cocoon of prayer. Just Christ, my child, and me.

The "vampire" arrived before morning light and made of the first collection of data in the form of a vial of my blood. Shortly after I heard my mama rumbling around on the ultra luxurious ( hee hee) bed that appeared as if from no where (ok,it is possible that the bed may have been a transformation of the decorator couch in the corner of my room - hee hee!). Next up, the lady with the magic wand.

Next to the handsome grandpa with the plaid hat, the lovely Linda with the magic wand is my favor ite person today! She has a magic wand that let's her see into my uterus buried deep within my body and saw my baby. It was a little bit of fizziness inside a dark circle within a white circle. I know, really doesn't sound too impressive. But let me tell you - that little bundle of unimpressiveness was an answer to a thousand prayers. It was a sign that I did indeed have a normally developing in uterine pregnancy!

Enters my second favorite person of the day - the cutest grandpa ever with his plaid hat on his hand as he informed me that he was discharging me as all tests indicate that I have a healthy pregnancy that is developing just as they'd expect. So, the sun is down again now and I am in bed. But now I lay in my own bed snuggled with my youngest son as he sleeps, soaking in the sounds of his little baby breathing, while smiling at the giggles I hear from my oldest son who is clearly watching something funny on the tv with his daddy.

My heart is peaceful, my womb is blissfully occupied, and I thank my friends for their prayer with each breath and I praise God with each beat of my heart!

Oh, and what happened to the ectopic pregnancy only uterus that they almost opened me up to remove. Well, apparently it is a small blood clot that should dissipate on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment